Monday 28 April 2008

Precious moments



On Saturday night I wasn't up to cooking dinner (in fact I have avoided cooked since Dane was born 3 weeks ago) Todd made a little fire pit on our back deck and cooked ham, cheese and tomato toasted sandwiches in the fire. They were delicious, and we felt like we were camping without all the hassle. Afterwards Sarah was cuddling on my lap and we were looking at the stars (Sarah rarely cuddles for more than a few seconds, so it was a lovely moment) and then out of the blue she said "love you". I was so touched that she would think to say that all on her own.
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but as you would appreciate, its hard to find the time. Some evenings I have been going to bed at 8:30pm, which is definately not like me. But I'm doing great. Todd is taking a couple of days off a week to help out at home and I have wonderful family and friends that have made meals and babysat Sarah. I'm easing back into Relief Society stuff, and I ventured out with Dane and Sarah on my own for the first time today. It didn't go too badly. Dane loved being tucked away in the sling, and Sarah was happy enough in the pram as long as she had some chips to eat. Dane only pooed up his back once - so its been a great day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

don't you just love those unsolicitated, and unexpected tender moments - you just never get tired of hearing your childs voice telling you they love you - especially when they get older, and the love might not be so obvious!

so glad to hear that things are going well - you all look so happy, and you look as beautiful as ever!

sandwiches made in those long armed toasty things always taste sooo good - when vivian mccappin and i lived together, back in they day, we would make those toasty sandwiches after church on our gas burner grill...and then we'd take a big old nap...it was great! good times, good times!

love you all, sharry

Kristie said...

Sounds like your family has adjusted well to the arrival of Dane. You're looking great. xx

Dee said...

It's certainly a shock to ones nervous system to be judging the goodness of a day on the poo scale.
Maybe if I had gone to church more than once a frotnight before having Poppy I would have got a relief society meal or baby basket but noooo.
It's was really hard to take all these kids to church all by myself when I was pregnant and now with the three of them. No help. I guess i'm not doing myself any favours when I go to church and look so competent with the crew. I smile and say 'yeah we're great. the baby's great, the boys are great, I'm great' when really it was a mad hair pulling morning just to make us all look great.
sorry was I ranting?
You look great. Todd looks great. Sarah looks great. Dane etc. I'm sure you're doing great.

Sarie said...

You all look so happy! And Dane looks comfy tucked away in his first "camping" night. And the best-- you get to sleep in your house after that meal, not in a tent! Miss you guys.

Dinah said...

Can I come for sandwiches over the fire....I have not had one for 20 years or more...would love to join the party....love ya all and all the stories from your wee family Kate. You are such a great mother....love...A/di

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

jikatewgatacute family

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

imeatkatewhatacuutefamily
whatmeantto say